Thursday, October 18, 2007

"okay. i'm going to pretend for fifteen minutes that i care what i am wearing to the reading. maybe a sweater?"

my friend lizzy wrote that in her blog today. i have that fifteen minutes every morning, except it's usually more like five and goes a little like this:
"crap!"

dressing "professionally" is just really hard for me. i like superheroes, bands, and bookstores, and so my tshirts say so. i don't know what to do about it, especially when it's too warm for a sweater and most of mine are bright colors anyway. mostly i just wear my converse and think: "well, my grandma's cool with it."

2 comments:

Lizzy Acker said...

i really only pretended for about 2 seconds and then i ended up wearing a dress over my pants. i wonder how old i will be when this is no longer acceptable.

Lizzy Acker said...

you're right that our style choices will be appropriate until we die. i think it will be one of the perks of being wealthy and famous that we can wear whatever we want and go wherever we want. like the white house in swim suits. if we want.