Wednesday, November 5, 2008

puppy elect

the only thing i can think to do right now is make a list.

election!
•had pizza and beer with howard and friends r. kelley and carleton as well as some others whose blogs i don't know - not really sure what would have been more awesome
•first heard the news officially from jon stewart at 11pm - not really sure what could have been more appropriate
•cried at least five times, mostly during shots of all those people in chicago and then a lot during the acceptance speech - par for the course of yesterday's feelings
•shouted "puppy elect" about a dozen times
•walked home and got told "happy birthday!" by a drunk gay man - actually, i'm not really sure what the words would have been for how we both clearly felt at that moment, which is why i answered: "you too!" he got it.
•basically played my own personal part in history. i'm so proud to have been able to participate in something so enormous - so much bigger than me, but so personal too. much more eloquent people are saying the same thing right now so that's enough about political feelings.
•woke up to the words "happy president elect day!" and an email from obama, thanking me (i donated $5 a bunch of times)
•on the list to-do list: list of puppy candidates

4 comments:

Sarah D. said...

what's the puppy elect?
and please don't hate me but I tagged you.

Sarah D. said...

i know you're not really into that traditional blogmunity kinda stuff but the rules said I had to tag seven people and so I panicked because I couldn't come up with seven people and now you're tagged. I realize you are much to busy with important master's degree type stuff and will not be bummed if you don't do have time.

Ryan said...

PuppyElect.com, coming soon?

more records? said...

word!